Top Things to Do in Dewey Beach, Delaware
Posted on 20th February 2019
Dewey Beach is one of the best beaches in Delaware to enjoy the nightlife. It is a perfect place for young people or who is young at heart. It is a long and wide beach with golden sand on the Atlantic coast. If you plan a vacation in June or July, you can get a chance to spot dolphins close to shore. You can easily get Dewey beach equipment rentals to enjoy and do different activities on the beach.
Some of the best activities to do in Dewey beach are listed below:
• Water sports: Dewey beach is one of the best beaches for enjoying water sports. You can enjoy parasailing. Take off and landing is hydraulically controlled. There are different companies that offer pontoon boats on rent, deck boats and wave runners for fishing trips, and wakeboarding and water skiing. They also provide you with surfing gear and apparel to enjoy skiing on the beach.
• Family Fun: If you have small kids in your family, you should visit the John Waples Memorial Playground at the corner of McKinley Street. Your kids will have a lot of fun here. There are a number of swings such as a giant sand circle slides, monkey bars, bridge, and play tunnel, and a swing set. Every Monday night in the summers, there is a movie night with a giant screen put right on the beach. On Wednesday, you can roast marshmallows and dance at the beach bonfire party in the evenings. There are regular creative workshops for the children.
• Shopping: There are a number of arts and crafts boutiques that offer gifts and souvenirs. You can also buy groceries if you wish to.
• Nightlife: Dewey Beach is the best beach to enjoy the nightlife. There are a number of restaurants that offer dinner, Mexican cuisine, seafood, and other meals for visitors. Both the outdoor and indoor seating arrangement is available.
• Bottle and Cork: It is one of the best rock and roll bars in the world. There is a huge rush at the bar on the Saturday and Sunday afternoons. There are different local and international brands are available. There are many other bars where you can enjoy live music each night. The Rusty Rudder is also a wonderful place that gets packed during the summer holidays.
• Starboard: It is also a famous bar in the town. It is a place where people start drinking at 9 am in the morning and drink all day and play. The local orange crush is the most favorite drink among the visitors. It is a small bar and gets packed easily.
• Free Skim boarding: You can also enjoy skim boarding in Dewey Beach on Saturdays. It is held between 9 AM to 10 AM in June and July. Only forty participants can try their luck to take part in skim boarding. If you do not carry your own board, you do not have to worry because you can rent from a rental company.
• Playland Arcade: If you get tired on the beach the whole day, you can visit the Playland Arcade which is the best place to have fun. You can play a game, win tickets and trade them in for special prizes. It is the best destination where the whole family can enjoy.